1. Have you ever lost a friend after he/she got married? Yes, although it was completely my fault, not hers. My boyfriend at the time (later, husband) didn't get along with my friend's new husband. We just drifted apart because we were both wrapped up with our own new lives. I could have told my now ex-husband to jump in a lake. I would take my friend over the controlling jerk any day. Oh, did I really just open that can of worms?
2. Do you make friends easily? I make acquaintances easily, but not friends. I can pretty much get along with and talk to anyone I meet. When it comes to the designation of friend, though, that is a title held for a special few.
3. Do you have many close friends? No, see question #2. I don't believe anyone can honestly have MANY close friends. Your close friends are the ones who you would give your life for. To me, that is a very special person or persons. I don't take friendship lightly, therefore close friends are even more important.
4. Tell us about your oldest friend. My oldest friend is one I've known since I was in elementary school. We were very close when I lived in IL, and we just reconnected via Facebook. I gotta love that! It's been fun to dig up some childhood memories.
5. Tell us about your newest friend. My newest friend is someone I met while I was student teaching. She kind of took me under her wing and let me work with her class as a volunteer. I learned a lot from sitting in her classroom and brainstorming with her. I am so sad we won't be at the same school next year!
6. Do you hang out with your friends often, or just occasionally when you can find time? Hanging out is not something I really have time for lately. Between finishing college, getting my teaching certificate, and now being sick, I really just don't have time to hang out with anyone other than my family. I do connect with my friends almost daily on Facebook. I LOVE Facebook for that!
7. What's the furthest you've traveled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend? A few years ago we lived in a house where we made friends with the next door neighbors. We all went camping together about two hours away from home. It was a great time, even though the camping itself was a disaster. I'll tell you about it sometime!
8. What's the biggest or best thing a friend has ever done for you? Friends have done a lot for me, but recently when I was in the hospital I had a few friends drop by. Some were very unexpected, and that was terrific! Almost everyone who came to the hospital brought me reading materials of some kind. My friends know how much I love to read!
9. What's the worst or most hurtful thing that a friend (or an ex-friend) has done to you? I've been stabbed in the back a few times that were VERY hurtful. The worst, though, has to be the time my friend started dating my ex-boyfriend a week after we broke up. She knew he had given me a necklace, but she accepted it as a gift anyway. (He had taken it back from me when we broke up.) When they got married they danced to the song I had always had picked out. I can't stand that song now!